-
August 3rd, 2004, 04:45 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I just bought a pair of 1569A amplifiers and would like to know if the tubes need to be biased?
-
August 4th, 2004, 12:13 AM
#2
HB Forum Owner
ALWAYS!
37.5 volts, as I recall...
-
August 4th, 2004, 11:42 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Thanks for the fast response. How is the Biasing done? Is there a manual for the 1569A that tells how? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
-
August 4th, 2004, 01:01 PM
#4
HB Forum Owner
The schematic shows the voltages. You find the pot, get your voltmeter, and turn, turn, turn (albeit CAREFULLY!).
<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 04, 2004 10:46 AM: Message edited by: Todd W. White ]</font>
-
August 4th, 2004, 04:53 PM
#5
Inactive Member
Once again, thanks for the reply. I looked at the schematic, and P2 should be adjusted to 37V. Where should I place the DMM leads while adjusting? Thanks for all the help.
-
September 13th, 2005, 02:51 PM
#6
Inactive Member
Just curious; how much does a pair of these babys cost?
-
September 13th, 2005, 05:29 PM
#7
HB Forum Owner
I have three from my personal stash that are for sale - one has been fully tested by IraTec ProAudio Repair and meets factory specs for a 9442A, the other two need a power supply capacitor installed, which Ira will do as part of the selling price.
If interested, drop me a line at [email protected]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks